Thursday, November 11, 2010
Bathroom Decorating Ideas
There are many bathroom decorating ideas you can try out, but some might be out of your budget and some ideas might not be practically possible for the bathroom space you have. However, with a careful selection of the decorating ideas for bathrooms which are practically possible with your bathroom interior, you can remake your bathroom to a great looking space. So, grab a notepad and select the ideas from the list below which can be used to decorate your bathroom.
Interior Decorating Ideas for Bathrooms
Given below are the ideas for bathroom remodeling and some ideas which can be adapted for your existing bathroom decor.
* Use tiles with designs, and install them on the 4 walls covering ¼ of each wall, and the rest with plain colored tiles, paint the same patterned designs a bit on the sink and bathtub.
* Try a complete white bathroom design with white tiles, white toilet, sink, bathtub and accompany with steel metal accessories like shower and taps. Place 4 paintings which are in a sequence, on the 4 walls to add an interesting accent.
* Go for a lavender and black colored theme. Go for light lavender colored walls, with black metal accessories and black bathtub, sink and toilet. Place a potpourri bowl with lavender and other color ingredients and sprinkle some lavender essential oil for a bathroom which even smells like lavender!
* Create soothing and natural looking bathroom decorations with off-white colored tiles, place a bamboo mat and bamboo shelves and a small bamboo houseplant.
* Use full patterned tiles for all the floor and all walls, and go for off-white bathtub, sink and toilet. Place some off-white colored mats on the floor and other off-white colored accessories on the walls to tone the place down.
* Go for a theme like an open bathroom and paint the ceiling with a sky mural. Add more bathroom lighting or consider installing a skylight and use tiles which give a feel of outdoors. Or hang paintings which display outdoors on white tiled walls.
* Create your own private beach theme in your bathroom. Hang a sign on the door saying private beach, then add accessories like shells, crabs, starfish on the walls. Go for aqua green shade of tiles and floor, and use metal accessories with bronze color and white bathtub, sink and toilet. Add a shower curtain with shell designs on it, and go for bathroom vanities like a mirror with a coral frame.
* Try out a stunning and modern looking bathroom, with bold and clean lines and colors like black and silver. Use black colored walls, and steel accessories. Sober it down a bit by going for white sink, toilet and bathtub. Place 2 abstract paintings, one on the opposite wall to the toilet and one on the opposite wall to the shower stall for you to contemplate.
* For a soft and beautiful light reflecting bathroom, go for wooden bathroom flooring of medium shade. Then place some rocks and house plants which can live in low light on the ground. Go for white bathtub, sink and toilet; and place soft translucent fabric curtains with the same colors of the walls, which can be blue, orange or green.
* Go for a plain white colored bathroom with white walls and floor, and bathtub, sink and toilet. Then add light fixtures of great designs which give out different colors. Pick an assortment of such colored lights and hang them on the four corners and enjoy the blending of beautiful colors in your bathroom. Use little accessories like wooden shelves and other small wooden decorative items, and place a vase with flowers on the sink counter.
There are many more decorating ideas for bathrooms like the above mentioned ones. The key to decorating a bathroom is to create a relaxed and comfortable space, and keep it uncluttered so bathroom cleaning is an easy job, and use minimum accessories as accents. So compose your bathroom with good bathroom decorating ideas and enjoy your the new looking bathroom!